never had any other desire so strong...as that one which I have had always, that I might be master at last of a small house and a large Garden.

-A. Cowley, The Garden, 1666

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One Year

A small note, we have offically owned the small house for one year today.

I remember after signing all those papers walking out of the lawyer's office into the sunlight and thinking "what have we done?".
I am told this is normal.
We have had setbacks, improvements, ennui, cozy contentments, tantrums, and triumphs. We will have to spend some time this evening reviewing the video made of moving in weekend to review how far we've come.
Don't worry, we also have far to go (eg the breakfast nook of despair). And it will be documented here.

2 comments:

  1. 1 year, congrats! It's almost exactly six years since I closed on my house. Weird, I hadn't thought about that. The joy in your situation is that you will do it two by two, which is how we're meant to go through life. The house is adorable already so you can only make it MORE adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog! Your Aunt sent me :)
    I too have a house of discontent.. we are on day 229 and still living in the basement.
    I have less excuses because its a 1978 special that was never cleaned using bleach *shudder*

    ReplyDelete